Monday, July 11, 2011

A New Project

I haven't posted in a long time.  It seems like it is just not a priority these days and lately I feel like I don't have a lot of insight to offer.  In talking with a friend today though I have decided to start a new project .  It still seems to fit with my "BE" theme and I thought I would share it with anyone who wants to listen. I'm making the rules simple for myself.  Here they are.

1. Every day for the next 100 days I will write at least one thing I am thankful for and why.
2. I might include a picture cause usually I can't help myself

This project is inspired by a book my friend is reading and recommended to me.  It is called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I am ordering the book tomorrow and read the first chapter online tonight.  I'm hooked.  The author raises the question, at least in the short excerpt that I read, that if we enter the world with our fists clenched are we able to give or receive?  She puts it so eloquently and blurs the line between fiction and non I think.  Can we really give with out first knowing how to receive?  So the first step is to list 1000 things we're thankful for.  Things we've been given essentially.  I'm not going to do 1000 cause I'm trying to make attainable goals for myself.  So I'm starting with 100 and in the project I hope to see with wider eyes how blessed I am, how loved I am and how abundantly I have been given to.

So here is Day 1.

Today I am thankful for my husband.
He is committed to me.
He chose me.
He works hard for our family and for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment