Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 10

I am thankful for prayer.
I am humbled by prayer and I am changed by prayer.
I like that saying, "Prayer doesn't change things, prayer changes me."

Jonah is 2.5 and sort of destined for trouble.  If there is trouble about he will find it.  It is never malicious trouble, just mischief and I have found him recently spilling the exterior paint in the garage, covering himself with stamps and ink from the art cupboard, sticking his fingers in the open peanut butter jar, "washing" his toys in the toilet etc.
The first thing I usually shout when I come to these situations is "hands UP! Don't touch anything!  Just stop and put  your hands in the sky!" It seems sort of ironic that I get myself into equally precarious messiness and I just keep swishing the mess around till I am beyond a solution and have just f---ed the whole thing up.
I find myself so wrapped up in all the mess of whatever that mess is at the moment, but if I can remember to stop and raise up my hands up and just stop touching everything, ie, pray about it, things will improve.  Jesus will swoop down and wash my hands, or clean up spilled paint, or put the lid back on the peanut butter before it is too late.
I don't at all mean to trivialize prayer by acting like it is just a panic management tool, but I think it is often overlooked in my life and that is telling.
Today prayer resurfaced in my tool box as a solution and I am thankful it did, cause really it is the best ting I have in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment