Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 2

Today I am thankful for my son Eli.

He has so many questions and thoughts to share.  He sat at the kitchen table today and drew with his stencils while Josh and I were collaborating and brainstorming on a future project.  He wanted so bad to offer his own input and so he did occasionally and it was delightful.  He had the tone of voice right, he added sketches to what we were doing, the look on his face was perfect, but the content of the idea made no sense at all and made the effort priceless.  I can't even retell it with justice, so I won't.  But I will treasure his creative spirit.

We went to the all comer's track meet last night and he won 3rd place in the hurdles and on the way home he said I like that "turtle hopper" race... what is it called mama?  I told him he was exactly right it was the turtle hopper race.

As we were snuggling before bed he had his head on my shoulder and patted my chest and said with a little grin, "I used to drink milk out of these."  Again I told him he was exactly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment