Saturday, July 23, 2011

Days 11,12 and 13

I've gotten behind on my thankfulness or at least the sharing publicly of it.  I have been thinking about it though and it has been difficult.  It is easy to find things that one is grateful for when one gets what one wants and when things go the way one expects.  Obviously.  It isn't that things haven't been good lately, just at a pace that is quick and unexpected.

In any case I was reminded today of some things I have been freshly blessed with.
First one is wonderful neighbors.
When we moved in December we found out that a family with 3 little boys lives just at the bottom of the hill.  They have a 3 year old, a 4 year old and an 8 year old.  We love them and are so thankful that they are close and so hospitable.  Today they came over on a whim and stayed for like 3 hours.  The whole family hung out and we did a cookie and limeade stand.  (we made 5 whole dollars!)  It is just so nice to know that there is camaraderie in motherhood and in boyhood and in fatherhood for that matter.  We all had lunch together and picked huckleberries together and just hung out.  It was a great morning.

I am also clearly thankful for this sunshine finally.  The warm air and light that is so vastly different than the grey is staggering when rationed.  

It leads me to be thankful for the beauty of the place in which I live.   We are constantly surrounded by beauty here and often forget when overcome with the gray.  It is beautiful especially when the sun is out, but even still when it is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment