Friday, August 05, 2011

Day 20... only 80 to go

I am losing my motivation and that makes me sad.  What does that mean?  It means I'm busy and preoccupied.  What does it mean in the grander scheme of things?  It still means that I'm busy and preoccupied, but on a deeper level as well.  If I can't be still in a day long enough to find gratitude in things that are more important than, "gee I'm thankful for my email..."  or whatever then what is my heart doing?  It is shriveling up that is what it is doing.  Slowing down doesn't seem like an option a lot of the time, but as fall approaches and a new routine emerges I am going to consciously put time in for quiet and meditation.  So I suppose I am thankful for seasons.  I don't want summer to end partly cause it hasn't really started weather wise, but also because it is a built in rhythm for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment