Sunday, August 14, 2011

23.

So apparently I got it all wrong.  I've finally gotten to read more of the book because I finished the other book I've been reading that had to go back to the Library.  It was, on a side note, called "The Midwife's Confession" and was very good.
Anyway now I'm dedicated to 1000 Gifts and feeling simply nourished by it.    It seems as though I am getting too specific with things that are over arching and need explanation.
The author of 1000 gifts begins her list with simple things that she is enjoying in her day.  The way the light hits the wood planks of floor in her bedroom.  The way her kid's lisp sounds at dinnertime prayer.  I think I'm stressing out about how to write something profound and insightful about each "gift" when instead I should be absorbing joy in my thanksgiving.
So i will continue my log, but with new freedom and simplicity.  I could add a paragraph afterwards or just have a few words.  That is one thing Ann Voskamp does beautifully.  She paints word pictures with tiny phrases that tell a whole story or show a whole landscape.  Obviously I would recommend the book.
SO here is 23.
23. holding sweet, sticky, little hands after picking berries on our wooded trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment