Wednesday, September 14, 2011

my little monster

Eli started preschool this past week and has since turned into a little monster.  He is CRAZY before and after school and finally today I asked his teacher if he has been behaving and she said he is totally calm and normal at school.  So he is saving it up for me.  I'm sure it is adjusting to a new schedule and routine, but honestly I am dealing with a lunatic.

He listened to the boxcar children audio book in it's entirety (2 discs) back to back yesterday until 10 pm.  Today he got to listen to it once and that was it!  I took it away for bad behavior part way through the first disc and made him earn the rest of it back.  He wakes up and turns it on.. He goes to bed listening to it.  I'm losing my mind.

So this evening I decided we needed some structured activity time and we sat down to do some stitching together after Jonah went to bed.  I traced some of his monster drawings from the weekend and we began to embroider them.

He is not done with his, but I managed to finish mine.  I'm dying they are so cute!
He did absolutely get lost in the process though which I've got to hope is burning some mental energy.


Sometimes even monsters can be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment