Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I want to believe you are a hoarder.

I am the kind of broken that you don't put in the garage sale box.
I am the kind of broken you don't sneak into the donation box
cause I would make you look bad.
I go straight to the trash.

I want to believe you will fix me
but it is more likely
that like me
you put broken things in a cupboard next to the phone books and pencil jar and batteries.

They get burried.
They wait to be fixed,
until in a moment of frustration; clarity
losses are cut and things get "cleaned out".

I am the kind of broken that is labeled AS IS.
I am the kind of broken that has a disclaimer.

I want to believe you are a hoarder.

2 comments:

  1. taking the bag 'o' quarters to hoard some garage goods in T-minus 5 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, James! My friend Joan posted your blog on hers:
    joanofcards.blogspot.com And yes, it's me that made the card. LOVE your work.

    ReplyDelete