Monday, August 04, 2008

The Rich Man's Feast



So I've been developing this 8 week course for grades K-6 on the parables of Jesus. So far we've done a treasure hunt to demonstrate God's seeking us out like in the lost sheep, a moblie out of recycled materials made into birds, to represent the "second chance" God gives all of us as in the unforgiving servant, and a "partner trust walk" to remind us of God's soverignty like in the workers in the vinyard. This past week we studied the rich man's feast and my dear friend Dawn and my dear husband Josh and I all worked out this painted picture scene that the kids had their picture taken with. It show the rich man inviting you, the beggar to the party. Pretty cute. The next few weeks hold a junior olympics (in honor of the summer olympics coming up) and the good samaratin having to overcome obstacles in order to help out someone in need, as well as rock paintings for the wise and foolish builder. It has been fun and challenging to come up with all these lessons and I seem to be a bit heavy on the craft side... wonder why? If you have any good game suggestions, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment