Monday, August 20, 2007

Flouride?

So when Eli went in for his 9 month check up the doctor prescribed a liquid fluoride supplement because we're on well water and it isn't fluoridated. I've heard conflicting information about fluoride and that if used topically it can be really beneficial, but when ingested it can be harmful.
My friend sent me an article that is written by some anti-fluoride group and has like 600 signatures of medical professionals who want to see fluoride taken out of public drinking water. Supposedly it is an industrial waste by-product and not approved by the FDA. I would love to attach the article to this blog, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know how to add a link. If anyone has any thoughts on either topic, fluoride or how to add a link, please comment below. Sorry it has been so long since I wrote and sorry that this is a semi lame entry with no picture.

3 comments:

  1. The larger issue is, can you trust your doctor? I'm not informed enough to give info or take a position on fluoride, and I guess that's my point: if you're in a position to doubt your physician's medical advice, you should probably switch to someone else. Honestly, you can find people who are for or against anything, and you can read enough "information" on the internet to make anyone's head spin. There's nothing wrong with doing some homework, but at the end of the day, it's important to know whether you can trust your physician or not. If you can, you can save yourself a lot of worry. If not, there are plenty of others out there.

    It was great to see you and Josh Sunday, even though I was in the midst of my Sunday AM craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am a fan of flouride and the ingesting of flouride. If you don't want him to risk swallowing too much you could dip a toothbrush in it and brush his teeth with it, maybe.

    It WAS really good to see you guys again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you look around on blogspot after you log in you can find directions on how to hyperlink text in your blog. not too hard.
    i think it's a set of keys at one time or something

    ReplyDelete