Friday, August 25, 2006

What if I let go?

Here is a box I've recently finished. ( I think) It stems from a discussion I had with my midwife about the roles of parents and children and the opportunity children have to show their parents the gospel. My pastor was discussing this fairly controversial subject and said as children we know the most intimate details of our parents sin and can either condemn them or offer them grace. It is a challenging position to be in but it is what God calls us to do when he asks us to "honor" them. The interior is comprised mostly of items given to me by my grandmother and adds to the passing down of treasures and trials alike.


1 comment:

  1. (This is Sarah - not Matt)
    I have been thinking a lot about the generational stuff ... probably because I just moved back to the midwest where my family resides - or perhaps it was living in a three bedroom house with all nine of My husband's family for a month. I guess it's both. Anyway, our parent's sins have been clouding up my conciousness and I've been struggling with what to do with it all. Some days I can - with God - manage to be graceful and give love to them. Some days I ... definitely don't. But the days that I can see them for the human children of God that they are are good days and I am learning a lot about myself as a child of God and the purpose of the nuclear family as a result of this familial exposure of late. - Sarah

    ReplyDelete